Worth the Asking Price?
With an MSRP of $129.95, the M-Audio AV 20 is obviously not the cheapest desktop speaker system on the market, but its build and sound quality are several steps above its cheaper counterparts. If you want a more powerful solution, M-Audio also offers very similar speaker systems with 30W and 40W of total sound production, appropriately called the AV 30 and AV 40. I would recommend looking at these high end options if you really want something that plays loud and proud.
The solid wood construction and the dual driver design make the Studiophile AV 20 a formidable buy, but for $100+, I’d rather invest in a 5.1 system. However, for those setups where you can’t spread out five speakers adequately, the AV 20’s might just be an option for you…albeit a pricey one.
- Wood construction is solid and professional
- Deeper lows and higher highs than other compact (plastic) speakers
- Attractive dual driver design with blue-lit volume knob
- Easy to pack up and move
- Versatile RCA connections
- Severe sound distortion at higher volume levels
- Cords and cables are quite short
- Pricey (MSRP $129.95)
Overall Rating: 8.0 / 10.0
Discusss This Review in the Futurelooks Community Forums
Real-Time Price and Stock Check – Shop Like a PRO!