While not really important, all DIY PC builders strive to match color schemes for all the components of their system. Why? Because it looks awesome when everything looks like it was designed to be together. The only issue we had with the Corsair Vengeance K70 keyboard is the aluminum metal color which limited options for matching the keyboard. Corsair has addressed this “issue” by now offer this keyboard in black and red.
The new Corsair Vengeance K70 in black with red LED backlighting also comes with the same great options as before. You will have the choice of Cherry MX Blue, Brown, or Red switches for the best mechanical keyboards have to offer. The K70 still has the 100% anti-ghosting, 1000 Hz reporting rate, multimedia keys, removable wrist rest, and alternate red-colored contoured keys for WASD and 1-6 keys.
[hide-this-part morelink=”Full Press Release”]
Corsair Releases Black Aluminum Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboards with Cherry MX Blue, Brown, and Red Keyswitches
April 8, 2014 — Corsair®, a worldwide leader in high-performance PC gaming hardware, today announced that the award-winning Vengeance K70 mechanical gaming keyboard — in black aluminum with red backlit keys — is now available with Cherry MX Blue and Brown keyswitches in addition to the original Cherry MX Reds. Similar to all Vengeance gaming keyboards, the latest K70 doesn’t miss when it counts due to genuine German-made Cherry MX switches, the most popular and accurate mechanical keyswitches for gamers — with over 5 billion sold.
The sophisticated aesthetics of the refreshed Vengeance K70 gaming keyboard starts with an anodized black aluminum chassis for long-lasting durability and timeless style. Vibrant red backlighting shines through each key, oozing an industrial look capable of complimenting any gamer den. The overall backlighting can be adjusted to four levels of intensity while the lighting for each key can be independently enabled or disabled. The key-by-key lighting customization allows users to highlight just the keys they need to emphasize, such as WASD, and then save the setting directly to the K70’s onboard memory.
“We re-evaluated all of the available key switches on the market including new clones of the Cherry MX,” said Jason Christian, product manager for gaming keyboards and mice at Corsair. “None could match the consistent performance and reliability across the keyboards like the original German Cherry MX switches.”
Vengeance K70 features:
- Never miss a keystroke: the combination of a 100% anti-ghosted matrix, full n-key rollover and 1000 Hz reporting rate provide lightning fast accuracy that you can always count on
- Media maven? Multimedia controls give quick access to volume, skip tracks, play, stop, and pause
- Useful USB port supports accessories such as a Vengeance gaming headset or mouse
- Rest your wrists with a removable soft-touch pad that provides extra comfort for lengthy gaming or typing sessions
- Get that pro look with alternate red-colored, contoured textured keycaps for the WASD keys and 1-6 keycaps for additional customization
- Available in three different Cherry MX mechanical switch types to suite different gaming and typing preferences:
- Cherry MX Red – for smooth, linear key response for ultra-fast double and triple taps without a tactile “bump” or audible click
- Cherry MX Brown switches – for fast and precise actuation with a light tactile feedback “bump” for comfortable typing and minimal audible click
- Cherry MX Blue switches – for great gaming performance with an assertive tactile feedback and audible click that can be helpful when typing
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty