When it comes to computer enclosures, it’s hard not to mention Antec. Known for memorable designs like the original P180 and the recently unveiled Skeletion Open Concept Case, they definitely aren’t scared of breaking new ground, but seem to do it in such a way that the products look just as good today as they would five years from now. Although the company builds very high quality and timeless performance enclosures, one area where they haven’t been particularly aggressive in is the gaming case market. In order to get more serious about the gaming market, Antec follows up the successful Nine Hundred with the Twelve Hundred.
Like the Nine Hundred, the Twelve Hundred goes hardcore with tons of drive bays; twelve drive bays on the Twelve Hundred vs the nine drive bays of the Nine Hundred. The Twelve Hundred retains the plexi side window and LED fans which is a signature trait of most gaming cases these days, but increases the fan count by two, adding another 120mm front intake fan and another 120mm rear exhaust fan over the NIne Hundred. There are also two extra optional fans to add to the side window and to the interior. Antec has also built the Twelve Hundred with watercooling in mind. Basically, it’s a bigger and badder Nine Hundred.
Features and Specifications
Antec loads up the case with lots of extra capacity and enough fans to make your fans levitate…
- 12 Drive Bays
- Perforated front bezel for maximum air intake
- Washable air filters reduce dust build up in your system
- Advanced Cooling System:
- 1 top special 200 x 30 mm blue LED exhaust fan with 3-speed switch control (LEDs can be switched off as well)
- 2 rear 120 x 25 mm special blue LED exhaust fans with 3-speed switch control
- 3 front 120 x 25 mm special blue LED intake fans with front speed control
- 1 side 120 x 25 mm fan to cool graphic cards (optional)
- 1 middle 120mm fan to cool CPU or graphic cards (optional)
• Water cooling platform for reservoir or pump
- 7 expansion slots
- Top mounted I/O ports for easy access
- Power and reset button with blue LED
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x eSATA
• HD Audio In and Out
- Convenient top accessory tray for a personal media player
- Motherboard: Up to standard ATX
- No Power Supply included: To optimize performance of your Twelve Hundred, your choice of power supply is crucial. Antec strongly recommends choosing from our NeoPower or TruePower series.
- 22.9″ (H) x 8.4″ (W) x 20.2″ (D)
• 58.2 (H) x 21.3 (W) x 51.3 (D) cm
For more specifications and features, go on and check out the product page. After you’re done there, read on to find out how this case performs in the real world.
What’s In The Box?
Antec provides decent instructions for reference and resuable straps for tidying up cables, though I tend to prefer zip ties as they seem to clean up a lot neater despite their single use characteristics. Although our case came with two additional fans, they are not included in regular retail packages, but can be purchased seperately. I do highly recommend them as they are high quality and easy to adjust due to the inclusion of a small switch that gets you from low to high with a click.