Fractal Design have created several great cases in the past. One of them was the Node 304 we reviewed and there were a few things we did not like about the chassis. Well, Fractal has been reading here at Futurelooks and addressed many of these in the new Node 804.
The Node 804 is a Micro-ATX chassis with a focus on cooling and configurability with everything built into a dual chamber design. The power supply and the HDD are on one side and everything else is on the other side. This allows for better control cooling and airflow. It also allows for far more room for cable management and larger components. They even included the slot on the front panel for a slim ODD drive which was something else we wanted from the Node 304.
I can’t wait for the Fractal Node 804 to be released in May so I can get my hands on it. It really does seem like Fractal read our review of the Node 304 and addressed every single con we listed. The MSRP of $109.99 US is also a great price point for good competition in the form factor this case comes in. Since Fractal Design is clearing listening, I’ll take one please. More details below.
[hide-this-part morelink=”Full Press Release”]
Fractal Design Launching the Node 804
The Node 804 is a Micro ATX chassis which focuses on cooling performance and maximum configurability, all packed in an interesting new form factor with an elegant design. The dual chamber layout separates hot running components from the cooler ones and allows unrestricted airflow over the motherboard, processor and graphic cards.
The case comes with three Silent Series R2 120 mm fans but can be upgraded with an additional 7 fans if desired. There are also plenty of options for placing water cooling components, tall heat sinks and hard drives. The flexibility of this case really gives the user the possibility to create their optimal system build.
- Highly effective dual chamber case layout for best possible cooling.
- Minimalistic design with an elegant brushed aluminum front panel
- Unique hard drive mounting system, fitting up to 8 x 3.5″, 4 x 2.5” or up to 10 x 3.5”, 2 x 2.5″ drives HDD/SSD.
- Three Fractal Design Silent Series R2 120mm fans included with the case and space for an additional 7 fans.
- Excellent water cooling support with space for up to 4 radiators simultaneously.
- Maximum radiator configuration: 1 x 240 mm,1 x 280 mm and 2 x 120 mm radiators.
- All intakes feature removable dust filters providing a dust-free interior.
- Featuring a window side panel to show off your set up in style.
- Additional space in the front to mount a slim optical bay drive and 2×2.5″ drives.
- Fan controller included
- Five expansion slots that allow for multiple GPU setups.
- USD: $ 109.99
- EURO: € 99.99
- GBP: £ 79.99
- SEK: 899