The beauty of a PC is that you can customize the components, peripherals, software, and everything else to fit your needs. Contrary to the console world, one size of PC does not fit all. My PC is built for gaming first and foremost, but that does not stop it from doing other things like writing this post. On the other side of the coin, my PC would need something like the NEC MultiSync PA322UHD if I was a graphic artist or designer.
What makes the PA322UHD different from other monitors? Is it the 3840 x 2160 Ultra HD resolution? Is is the four HDMI, two DVI-D, two DisplayPort, and USB 3.0 hub? The answer to both of those question is yes, but it is also because the color accuracy can project 99.2% of the Adobe RGB color space. Your monitor likely falls between 72% to 82% and I would prove it with the Adobe RGB spectrum image if your monitor could display it correctly.
If you are a graphic artist, videographer, or visual production specialist of any kind, then the PA322UHD by NEC was designed with you in mind. It even supports Open Pluggable Specification to ensure it is ready for new input options. This professional monitor comes with a professional price tag as well, listing at
$2,299 $2,999 on its own or with the SpectraView II tm calibration software and sensor afor $3,249. See the demo on October 22 at the NEC New York City Showcase. More below.
UPDATE: NEC informed us that there was an error in the initial release. The street price of the PA322UHD without the SpectraView II will be $2,999 US.
[hide-this-part morelink="Full Press Release"]
NEC Debuts MultiSync PA322UHD 32-inch Ultra HD Monitor for Videographers
Wednesday 15th, 2014 - NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today its latest Ultra High-Definition (UHD) display, the new MultiSync PA322UHD, for professionals requiring the most accurate colors in their workflow. With the addition of this flagship 32-inch MultiSync PA Series monitor, NEC Display now offers a range of desktop and large-format displays as well as projectors in UHD and 4K resolutions, extending the company's portfolio of solutions toward solving business challenges. The North American market for UHD desktop displays is expected to reach 5 percent by the end of 2014, according to industry observers.
The wide gamut PA322UHD display uses a wide gamut white LED backlight and an IGZO technology IPS-type LCD panel that delivers excellent image quality with lower power consumption than comparable LCD displays while delivering 99.2 percent coverage of the Adobe RGB color space. Boasting a multitude of inputs, including two DisplayPort, two DVI-D and four HDMI as well as a USB 3.0 hub with DisplaySync Pro technology, the new MultiSync PA Series display gives professionals broad input flexibility for any application.
This is also the first desktop display to feature an Open Pluggable Specification (OPS)-compliant option slot for expanded input options, including the SB-04HC 3G/SD/HD-SDI and SB-01HC HD-SDI input cards available from NEC.
"The PA322UHD offers a high-resolution, color accurate solution that videographers, photographers and print production specialists can trust for almost every application," said Art Marshall, Product Manager of Professional and Medical Displays at NEC Display. "These professionals will enjoy the higher pixel density and commercial-grade features in this cutting-edge display."
Among the other benefits of the PA322UHD display are:
- Native resolution of 3840 x 2160 with 10-bit color support
- 350 cd/m2 brightness and 1000:1 contrast ratio
- Support for a multitude of refresh rates, including 24, 30, 50, 60, 85, 100, and 120 Hz modes
- The USB 3.0 hub (two up, three down) with DisplaySync Pro, which is a high resolution keyboard / video / mouse (KVM) switch that can control two computers with only one keyboard and mouse
- Two DisplayPort inputs, and the options of two DVI-D and two HDMI, or four HDMI inputs as well as an OPS compliant option slot for additional input flexibility
- The stand supports both landscape and portrait modes, and the display will automatically rotate the image when the display is rotated
- Color and white Digital Uniformity Correction with 93 percent more correction points than previous MultiSync PA Series displays
- Picture in Picture and Picture by Picture mode, which splits the screen in half or in quarters to up to 4 full HD images in one more multiple color spaces in real time
- Two internal 2W speakers for business-class multimedia sound
- Free MultiProfiler software for complete control of picture modes, enabling additional presets like REC 709 and simple ICC profile emulation
The MultiSync PA322UHD-BK ships with a four-year limited 48-hour advanced exchange parts and labor warranty, and will be available at an estimated street price of
$2,299 $2,999 with first shipments in December 2014. The PA322UHD display with SpectraView II tm calibration software and sensor also will be available at an estimated street price of $3,249. The units will be demonstrated on October 22, 2014, at the NEC Display Showcase in New York City.