Much like their mechanical equivalents, enterprise-grade solid state hard drives are a cut above what the average consumer…consumes. Kingston has announced a new addition to their SSDNow family, and it’s aimed directly at the high end enterprise workstation market.
The Kingston KC400 solid-state drive is made specifically for high workload workstations, sitting in offices pretty well anywhere. The drive contains features aimed at guarding against both data errors and full data loss, and is driven by a high end eight-channel quad core controller. This gives it the ability to operate 15x faster than a hard disk drive while reducing risk of downtime.
Should the worse happen, the KC400 SSD is backed by a limited five-year warranty and free technical support from Kingston’s “Ask an Expert” program.
The Kingston KC400 is available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB capacities. Nothing noted in the press release about pricing, but it’s below should you want more info.
[hide-this-part morelink=”Full Press Release”]
Kingston Digital Releases Enterprise Client SSD with Fast, Reliable Performance
- 15x Faster Than a Hard-disk Drive
- Business Class Reliability with Advanced Data Protection
- Available in Full Range of Capacities
Fountain Valley, CA – January 6, 2016 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced KC400 solid-state drive, the newest addition to its SSDNow family. Designed for enterprise client workloads, KC400 SSD is 15-times faster* than a hard-disk drive delivering consistent performance for both compressible and incompressible data, and improved responsiveness in performance-hungry applications.
KC400 SSD provides end-to-end data path protection and SmartECC™ to guard data plus SmartRefresh™ to protect against read errors. Data is rebuilt if there’s an error, and the drive is able to recover from an unexpected power shutdown, via firmware-controlled power loss management. The drive provides excellent data reliability due to the highly advanced Phison PS3110-S10 eight-channel controller and quad-core processor. KC400 is available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB capacities 2.
“Our latest drive is designed to help business and power users speed up daily tasks and improve productivity,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “Corporate customers should have full confidence in deploying the high-performance KC400 SSD in the workplace with all of the safeguards in place to combat unforeseen data loss.”
To further help companies and organizations out, Kingston offers industry-leading sales support through its Ask an Expert program. It also offers the Kingston SSD Manager, a free, downloadable toolbox to monitor drive health, status and disk usage.
KC400 SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities 2: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB
- Controller: Phison PS3110-S10
- Sequential Read/Write 3: SATA Rev. 3.0
- 128GB – up to: 550/450MB/s
- 256GB – up to: 550/540MB/s
- 512GB – up to: 550/530MB/s
- 1TB – up to: 550/530MB/s
- Maximum 4k Read/Write 3:
- 128GB – up to 99,000/87,000 IOPS
- 256GB – up to 99,000/88,000 IOPS
- 512GB – up to 99,000/86,000 IOPS
- 1TB – up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
- Random 4k Read/Write 3:
- 128GB – up to 88,000/87,000 IOPS
- 256GB – up to 88,000/89,000 IOPS
- 512GB – up to 86,000/88,000 IOPS
- 1TB – up to 86,000/89,000 IOPS
- PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 84,000
- Enterprise S.M.A.R.T. Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
- Total Bytes Written (TBW) 4:
- 128GB – 150TB 0.65 DWPD 5
- 256GB – 300TB 0.65 DWPD 5
- 512GB – 800TB 0.87 DWPD 5
- 1TB – 1600TB 0.89 DWPD 5
- Power Consumption: 0.255 W Idle / 0.335 W Avg. / 1.22 W (MAX) Read / 3.74 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 60g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 1 million hours
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support 1
1 Limited warranty based on 5 years or SSD “Life Remaining,” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (kingston.com/SSDManager).
2 Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
4 Total Bytes Written (TBW) is derived from the JEDEC Client Workload (JESD219A).
5 Drive Writes Per Day (DWPD)
Kingston can be found on:
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/kingston
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/kingstontechnology
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/KingstonTech
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/kingstontechnology/
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/kingston
- Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+kingston/posts
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.