I am always on the lookout for a gaming headset that not only provides an excellent sound experience, is also easier on the wallet, and I can use it for tasks other than just gaming. Earlier, I checked out the HyperX Cloud Stinger, which is a good option for a budget gamer, but this time around, I have the opportunity to check out the HyperX Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset. There are some pretty great features for the HyperX Cloud Alpha, but being a gaming headset for the USD 100 range, you will probably not find something better than this.
Box Contents and Feature Highlights
HyperX has created a beautiful looking retail box for the Cloud Alpha. Slide off the outer sleeve and gaze upon the black box with the HyperX Logo front an center.
Separate the two pieces of the shell, and it presents a nicely packed headset.
Contents included in the box are:
- HyperX Cloud Alpha headset
- Detachable boom microphone (with pop filter)
- Detachable audio cable with in-line audio control (1.3m)
- Detachable audio extension cable (2m)
- Carrying bag
- HyperX Dual Chamber Drivers
- HyperX Comfort (memory foam ear pads)
- Aluminum frame with expandable headband
- Detachable noise-cancelling microphone
- Discord and TeamSpeak certified
- Works with PC or Gaming Console
With all that out of the way, let’s have a closer look at what makes the HyperX Cloud Alpha headset visually appealing.