Fractal Design's Define series of cases always seem to look the same, whether there is an R2, R3, or R4 (or XL) on the end. But when you've got a great timeless design, that a lot of people like, all you really need to do is refine it, adding the features that users are looking for, and updating it for new technologies. And that's why the company returns to the series again, with the newly released, Fractal Design Define R5.
The Fractal Design Define R5 builds upon the great cosmetics and silence of the original Define series with a number of small, yet meaningful, enhancements that bring it up to speed with current cases on the market. For starters, the Define R5 comes out of the gate with two versions, a windowed and non-windowed version, and will come in Black, White, and Titanium, giving users the choices they need to build the system the way they want. Adding to the legendary silence, they've introduced a new tool-less ModuVent™ fan slot cover system, which allows you to install more fans, or keep things covered for silence. In addition, the front door is now capable of dual side mounting, so whether you have the case on the left or the right of you, you can maintain easy access and save space.
Other updates include new SSD mounts behind the motherboard tray, that are now tool-free and completely removable. Plus, a new quick release system on the left panel, allows easy access to internals, without sacrificing solid mounting points. The cable management continues to look clean and well channeled in this latest revision.
As mentioned, you have your choice of three colors (Black, White, Titanium) in the non-windowed version for $109.99 US, and if you fancy a window, you can get that for $119.99 US. All SKUs should be hitting the market shortly so start looking for them in a couple weeks. No world on whether an "XL" version will be hitting this series.
The full press release is below along with more pics.
Silence Redefined…The Define R5 is here!
The wait is over! Fractal Design is proud to announce the next generation of the, worldwide, award winning Define series.
Fractal Design Define R5 is the next evolution in the widely popular Define Series. Packed with intelligently designed enthusiast-oriented features delivering a silent case with powerful and expansive air and liquid cooling support, presented in a stunning Scandinavian inspired construction.
The Define R5 case reaches the highest level of silent computing through strategically placed dense sound-absorbing material, updated ModuVent™ fan vent covers and finely tuned, new Dynamic Series fans.
The Define R5 was designed with configurability in mind, accommodating up to 8 hard drives and all modern graphics card. Should you wish to expand your system with water cooling components or more fans the layout can easily be configured to meet your demand, now with more configuration options with simple modification opportunities.
- Optimally designed for silent computing with high density noise-reducing material throughout the case for maximum sound absorption, while not compromising on airflow and cooling capabilities.
- Extensive water cooling support for a case of this size; housing radiators up to 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front.
- Equipped with new tool-less ModuVent™ fan slot covers allowing the user to install more fans if desired or keep fan slots covered to maximize sound absorption.
- Including two Fractal Design Dynamic GP14 140mm fans developed for superlative airflow while still maintaining low noise levels.
- Maintaining a dust-free interior with the help of dust filters that cover front and bottom air intakes that are easy to access from the front on the case
- Newly configured front door with dual side mounting to better fit your work space
- Highlighting 2 dedicated SSD mounts cleanly placed behind the motherboard tray that feature innovative new brackets delivering a tool-free installation and removal
- The HDD cage system holds up to eight 3.5” or 2.5” drives and is more adaptable than ever, allowing the user to modify the case layout according to personal preference with more places to relocate the cages
- The ODD cage can easily be removed to gain additional interior space; the area can be freed up to allow for increased airflow, to provide a new place for HDD cage mounting or to make more room for water cooling components.
- Sturdy metal HDD trays provide excellent dampening features for the hard drives while providing better airflow through the cage with an updated, more open design
- The new and innovative Quick Release System on the left side of the case provides secure mounting of the left side panel, yet grants quick and easy access to the system.
- Three-speed fan controller is strategically integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans.
- Define R5 model is available with Clear window side panel
- Available in different colors
MSRP Define R5
USD $ 109.99
EURO € 104.99
GBP £ 82.99
SEK 999 Kr
MSRP Define R5 Window version
USD $ 119.99
EURO € 114.99
GBP £ 89.99
SEK 1099 kr
Description Art. Number EAN Code UPC Code
|Fractal Design Define R5 Black||FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK||7350041082583||817301012584|
|Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window||FD-CA-DEF-R5-BK-W||7350041082590||817301012591|
|Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium||FD-CA-DEF-R5-TI||7350041082606||817301012607|
|Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window||FD-CA-DEF-R5-TI-W||7350041082613||817301012614|
|Fractal Design Define R5 White||FD-CA-DEF-R5-WT||7350041082620||817301012621|
|Fractal Design Define R5 White Window||FD-CA-DEF-R5-WT-W||7350041082637||817301012638|