I like to shy away from terms like “perfect” or “flawless” when it comes to anything really, but I am having a hard time doing that with the Corsair Obsidian 750D. This case has all the right features to be the new standard in full-tower PC cases.
The new Corsair Obsidian 750D marries all the best features of the monolithic 800D and 650D. It comes with modular 3.5″ drive cages, 4 rear mounted 2.5″ bays, three external 5.25″ ODD bays, plenty of room for up to 9 expansion slots, support for XL-ATX motherboards, and graphics cards up to 17.71 inches (450 mm). There is also plenty of options to mount liquid cooling from a single slot 120 mm up to a triple slot 360 mm radiator.
It would honestly be easier for me to list you the things the Obsidian 750D doesn’t do. It’s not free, the interior doesn’t work like the TARDIS, and it is not available in multiple colors. You guys will just have to settle for an incredible full-tower case with every feature you could want, comes in obsidian black, and is priced as low as $159.99 at NewEgg right now.
If you’re looking for an equally awesome Obsidian for an mATX build, you can check out the 350D as well. It’d bad ass. Full press release for the Obsidian 750D is posted below.
[hide-this-part morelink=”Full Press Release”]
Corsair Announces Obsidian Series 750D Full-Tower PC Case
– New Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Full-Tower PC Case Brings Black Metal to the Masses –
September 24, 2013 — Corsair®, a designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the Obsidian Series® 750D performance full-tower PC case. Like all Obsidian Series cases, the 750D features an elegant black monolithic design, brushed aluminum and solid steel construction, and generous expansion flexibility.
The Obsidian Series 750D’s rigid, rugged exterior surrounds a frame that has ample room for high-performance components as well as sophisticated cooling for users who want to push their components to the limits. The case is designed to make building a PC fast and simple with features such as tool-free side panels and drive bays, cable routing grommets and mount points, and motherboard rear CPU access and alignment pegs.
“When we launched our enormously successful, super-sized Obsidian 900D case, enthusiasts raved about its sleek design, solid metal construction, and expandability, but not everyone needs so much room,” said Xavier Lauwaert, Director of Product Marketing at Corsair. “Obsidian 750D is built for those users that demand full-on Obsidian quality in a standard full-tower form factor with plenty of innovative features and cooling options.”
Obsidian Series 750D Specifications
- 9 expansion slots for larger motherboards and running multiple graphics cards or expansion boards simultaneously
- Six tool-free 3.5”/2.5” combo bays in two modular hard drive cages, with room for two more cages for up to 12 total combo drive bays
- Four tool-free 2.5” side-mounted drive cages for SSDs, out of the airflow path
- Three tool-free 5.25” bays for expansion
- Four front mounted USB ports for easy peripheral or external storage device connection
- Three included AF140L high-airflow 140 mm fans (2 front, 1 rear) for excellent airflow and low noise levels.
- Room for up to 8 fans
- Top – 360 mm or 280 mm
- Front – 280 mm or 240 mm
- Bottom – 240 mm
- Rear – 140 mm or 120 mm
Storage Layout Options
- Modular hard drive cages can be located in four separate mounting locations
- Side-mounted 2.5” cages allow quick, easy removal of the 3.5” drive cages for better airflow or room for radiators, while maintaining capacity for up to four 2.5” drives
Builder Friendly Features
- Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots and tool-free 3.5”, 2.5”, and 5.25” drive bays
- Center-post standoff holds motherboard in place while you secure the other screws
- Easily accessible (and removable) front, rear, and top dust filters
- Outstanding cable routing with rubber grommets for superior airflow and cleaner, neater builds
- Four USB ports (two USB 3.0) and headphone/mic jacks in the front panel for easy access
Length x Width x Height
- 21.5 x 9.25 x 22 inches
- 546 x 235 x 560 mm
- 9.7 kg
- 21.4 lbs
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Obsidian Series 750D has a suggested retail price of $159.99 in the US and is available immediately from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It is backed with a limited 2-year warranty and Corsair’s excellent customer service and technical support.
To learn more about Corsair PC cases, please visit: http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/obsidian-series-pc-case.html