Yeah, neither did we. ZOTAC first entered our line of sight with their video cards. They then moved on to motherboards, followed by compact all in one systems. Now they are looking to add another category of product to their stable. ZOTAC has announced their intent to release a solid state drive.
The ZOTAC Premium Edition SSD will be available in 240GB and 480GB capacities, using MLC NAND memory chips. The drive will be run on a quad-core Phison SSD controller. Sequential read and write speeds are said to be up to 520MBps and 500MBps respectively, and of course this’ll all be pushed over a SATA3 interface.
Other than that, details on this drive are pretty light at this point. The drives will be backed by a 3-year warranty, but pricing and availability are as yet unknown. If you want a little more information, there is some to be found in the press release below.
[hide-this-part morelink=”Full Press Release”]
ZOTAC Gears Up For Speed, Introduces Premium Edition Solid State Drives
HONG KONG – October 15, 2015 – ZOTAC International, a global innovator and leading manufacturer of graphics cards, ZBOX Mini PCs, and Solid State Drives (SSDs), ramps up a new line of storage aimed at offering enduring speed in desktops, notebooks, and external storage as it becomes an essential to every PC.
Available in 240GB and 480GB capacities, the Premium Edition SSDs bring with it a suite of features. At the heart sits a quad-core Phison SSD controller and outstanding MLC NAND for marathon reliability with up to 480 TBW and up to 3,000 PE cycles. With robust performance delivering sequential read/write speeds of up to 520MBps and 500MBps, the Premium Edition SSDs are within a hair’s width of the SATA III bandwidth saturation point.
- End to End Data Path Protection – detects and corrects any errors along the paths that your data takes between the DRAM, controller, and NAND
- SmartECC – reconstructs bad/faulty pages when regular ECC checks fail
- SmartRefresh – monitoring the health status of ECC blocks and refreshing blocks intermittently to advance data retention
- Power Failure Protection – minimizing the time data is housed in the cache to prevent data loss during unexpected power outage
- Dynamic Wear Leveling – ensuring that the use of the NAND is spread out to extend the SSD’s lifespan
All ZOTAC SSDs are backed by a limited three year warranty.
ZOTAC takes its name from the words “zone” and “tact”. The two words aptly describe our technological strength and experience completed with our innovative and unique approach to the industry. Established in 2006, we believe in manufacturing quality PC related products including graphics cards, motherboards, mini-PCs and innovative accessories. Our dedication to rigorous standards and the relentless pursuit of excellence is the backbone to our success.