The game lost points from me because of the un-original use of the new technology that came with the Wii. When I first read reviews on the Wii and the revolutionary controllers that were accompanying the counsel, I couldn’t stop thinking up endless ideas of how they can use the controllers in a Mario Bros. type game. Clearly, I was disappointed, and I could have waited.
However, the whimsical expressions that add to the game, and the familiar jumping, stomping, and coin collecting made this game quite comforting to play. The story-line was interesting to follow, and the side games gave you enough time to re-focus your attention on the main goal. But, come on, a Nintendo console would not be a Nintendo console if it didn’t continue the tradition with a Mario RPG, and now I’ll be impatiently awaiting the release of Super Mario Galaxies.
- C’mon, it’s a him, Mario!
- The story had me gripping at my seat, waiting for the next baddy
- Good continuation of the Paper Mario spin-off.
- The splendid back-drops.
- The 2-D/3-D capability of the game
- Multiple mini-games that keep this game enjoyable and provide re-playability
- Princess Peach, dare I say more?
- Unimaginative use of the Wii-mote
- Sometimes I had to grip at my seat WAY too long waiting for the next baddy
- Felt like Nintendo wanted to rush this out for the Wii
- Lack of requirement to use the special weapons
Overall Rating: 7.0 / 10.0
Real-Time Price and Stock Check – Shop Like a PRO!