PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610EPS12V Power Supply Review

Posted by


Check out our extensive COMPUTEX Taipei 2014 Coverage! With high quality videos, news, and more that you deserve! - Give Me All The Coverages!
0 Flares 0 Flares ×

pcpower 610eps 1 PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610EPS12V Power Supply Review

Picking up the plain white box that housed the Silencer 610EPS12V power supply didn’t excite me very much. With only a list of technical specifications on the side and no fancy graphics or pictures, I didn’t really know what to expect. It may not seem too impressive on the outside, but you should never judge a book by its cover.

PC Power & Cooling, Inc. has been around since 1985 specializing in high-performance computer power supplies. Today, we review the 610EPC12V power supply that is part of their Silencer Series of power supplies. It is stuck in between the Silencer 750 and the Silencer 470 making it about the mid-range supply in this series.

Features

The Silencer 610EPS12V comes with the following features…

  • Nvidia ® SLI certified
  • 610W Continous @ 40 DegC, 670W peak
  • large single rail +12VDC @ 49A
  • 1 x 24pin, 1 x 8pin, and 1 x 4 pin Motherboard connector
  • 8 x 4pin Molex connectors
  • 1 x 4pin mini connector
  • 1 x 6, 1 x 6+2 PCI-E connectors
  • 6 SATA drive connectors
  • Automatic Fan Speed Control Circuit
  • 80+ Certified (83% efficient): 0.99 Active Power Factor Correction (PFC)

Technical specifications can be found at the PC Power & Cooling, Inc. Product Page. Now let’s take a look at what’s inside the box.

What’s In The Box?

pcpower 610eps 2 PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610EPS12V Power Supply Review

The white box seemed larger than what is required for a typical power supply. Opening the box revealed decent protection of the power supply in case of any “brown van” incidents.

pcpower 610eps 3 PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610EPS12V Power Supply Review

Packed inside the plain white box, you’ll find the Silencer 610EPS12V power supply, 6’ power cord, mounting screws, instruction manual and a certified test report. Except for the certified test report, everything included is pretty standard fare. Supplying a certified test report shows that this power supply was tested at the factory and we can be sure that it will perform as advertised. Not many companies perform this level of quality assurance when shipping their products. PC Power & Cooling must stand behind their products to include such documentation and it shows.

pcpower 610eps 11 PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610EPS12V Power Supply Review

A detailed look at the test report revealed that we had a power supply capable of supplying 613.7W continuous power, 679.5W peak power with a measured efficiency of 84.72%. This is clearly greater than what was advertised. For all those concerned with rising electricity prices, this power supply is capable of converting 84.72% of the input power into useful output power required for your PC. The remaining 15.28% is thus converted into heat. This means lower electricity bills when using this power supply when compared to less efficient supplies.

Real-Time Price and Stock Check – Shop Like a PRO!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

About

0 Flares Twitter 0 Facebook 0 Google+ 0 Pin It Share 0 Reddit 0 Email -- 0 Flares ×
More in Computer
Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Full-Tower Case Review

  When it comes to high-end computer cases, Cooler Master has certainly risen to the occasion in recent years as...

Close