I’ve reviewed my fair share of notebook coolers and stands in the past, so you could say that I know a thing or two about what is currently available on the market. In reviewing these different coolers, I inevitably come across a gripe or two that I will have about each one. An aluminum stand, for example, may not have any slots cut into it and as a result, the vents on your laptop are blocked. Not good. On the other hand, I’ve also seen some decent powered solution, but they are made of some awfully cheap plastic.
It’s almost as if the developers at NZXT went through all of my previous notebook cooler reviews to see what I thought of them, because the Cryo LX addresses many of the issues that I have had with other products. You may better know NZXT as a company that produces power supplies and desktop computer cases, but they’re starting to expand into other realms as well. Based on my experience with the NZXT Cryo LX Notebook Cooler, this is a good move on their part.
Before we proceed, let’s have a look at the official spec sheet for the NZXT Cryo LX aluminum notebook cooler.
- Built with thick aluminum with sturdy construction
- Brushed aluminum finish
- Rubber finish lifts the notebook up to allow less heat pockets and better airflow
- Cools your notebook with three adjustable large 120mm fans
- Four USB ports for your media, storage, and input devices
- Ability to power devices such as external hard drives.
- Folding design for easy storage and transportation
- Support for power notebooks with 15″, 17″ and 19″ wide screens
- Dimensions (W x D): 16.6″ x 11.6″
Indeed, big and beefy is an understatement. The NZXT Cryo is definitely LX, or rather XL!
What’s In The Box?
The NZXT CryoLX comes with not very much. Inside the box, you’ll find the notebook cooler itself, along with two cables. The first is used to provide DC power to the cooler via your notebook’s USB port, whereas the second provides connectivity for the integrated four-port USB hub. There is no instruction manual, but if you can’t figure out the two cables, you’re pretty much a hopeless cause.
Real-Time Price and Stock Check – Shop Like a PRO!