When I had a chance to review the Logitech 676 Harmony Remote back in 2005, I was totally impressed with the experience. It changed things in the Universal Remote Control world because it was easy to use, easy to setup, and most importantly, it had a very high approval factor with all the non-techies in the household. Most importantly, you can do it yourself without the help of an CEDIA Certified Engineer. Now that we’re in 2008, Logitech continues to be successful with their line of Harmony Remotes. Their latest remote, the Logitech Harmony ONE Advanced Universal Remote Control continues the tradition of easy to use and easy to setup for the modern home theatre.
When Logitech purchased the Harmony brand back in 2004, things really took off for the originally Canadian company. Logitech’s large network allowed the remote to reach a larger audience, and as a result, allowed Harmony to build up the heart of their product, which is their device database. As the userbase grew, so did the number of products that were contained in this database, making the programming of the Harmony remote easier and easier. The relationship with Logitech also gave Harmony access to advanced materials that allowed them to shed that somewhat “Toy Like” feel of their early products.
Compared to my old Logitech 676, the Logitech Harmony ONE is definitely looks all grown up. Let’s see what three years has done for the legendary Harmony product line.
The new Harmony ONE features a number of strong selling points…
- One-touch access to your entertainment: Enjoy easy, one-touch access to the home-entertainment activities you love. Want to watch a DVD? One simple press of the touch screen and the Harmony One remote does the rest.
- Replaces up to 15 remotes: Reduce the clutter and complexity of your living room.
- Full-color touch screen: Gives you easy, one-touch access to any entertainment activity-such as watching a DVD, watching TV, listening to music, and more.
- Sculpted, backlighted buttons in logical zones: Allow you to find the right channel-even in the dark.
- Ergonomic design: Fits comfortably in your hand.
- Rechargeable design: Eliminates the worry about replacing batteries.
- Guided online setup: Helps you when you need it. You don’t have to be an expert. Helpful online setup software. Live customer support team.
- World’s largest A/V control database: Be confident your Harmony remote can control virtually any home-entertainment device you have today or buy tomorrow. Online database supports more than 225,000 devices from more than 5,000 brands – and the list grows larger every day.
The online database has definitely grown quite a bit. Part of this is due to the fact that the database is updated by its users. As new products are released, new codes are added to the database by these users. Logitech makes the process of programming these devices into the database easy, and makes subsequent users’ lives even more easy because the codes are now ready and waiting.
What’s In The Box?
The Logitech Harmony ONE comes to your home theatre packaged with a number of additional goodies which include..
- Charging cradle and power adapater
- Software and manuals
- Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery Pack
- USB Cable for programming the remote
- A polishing cloth for cleaning up that shiny exterior
It’s nice to see that Logitech thought of the neat freaks with the polishing cloth. Also inherited from Logitech’s 880 and 890 series remotes is the charging cradle that eliminates the need for keeping a fresh supply of AAA batteries.
Real-Time Price and Stock Check – Shop Like a PRO!