Look Ma! No Hands!
I must admit that I was one of the doofus’ that thought the Wii-mote and nunchuk were going to be strapped to my legs. My imagination was totally flawed, because they did come out with a dance mat made of plastic and pressure sensors. I guess Konami thought that there would be too many lawsuits and warranty issues with replacing Wii-motes. This game does take advantage of your hands so that you’re moving every limb on your body in an attempt to pass the game. Later on I found out that you could pick up some foam dance mats that will make jumping on the floor a little more comfortable.
- GREAT party game even when you only have one dance mat.
- 4 player capability for even more craziness.
- Wide variety of songs for all skill levels.
- Ability to make some songs easier by turning off the hand batons and the “gimmicks”.
- Use of every limb to get a great individual workout.
- Watching your friends develop turf-toe from using the dance mat? Priceless!
- Not being able to restart a song or quit one once you’re in it.
- Difficult for the dance pad to register when located on plush carpet.
- Disgusting colours on the screen that could cause seizures.
- Dance pad doesn’t have the same durability as the plexi-glass pads in the arcade, so take your shoes off!
Overall Rating: 8.0 / 10.0
Real-Time Price and Stock Check – Shop Like a PRO!